Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Detecting Saxapahaw is going "Diggin' in Virginia"!!!

Sorry for the lack of updates lately.  I have gotten out for a few short hunts, and found some more neat things to show you, I just haven't had to time to post them yet.  I'll get around to it before the end of the month, though!


Right now I'm gearing up for the "Diggin' in Virginia" three-day invitational hunt.  I was fortunate enough to be selected for the event, which will include seminars on Civil War history, advances in metal detector technology and techniques, and of course three days of metal detecting on hundreds of acres of prime Civil War territory (battle sites and long-term camps).  Just to be clear, all the hunt sites are private land with owners permission, as always.  To say I'm excited would be an understatement - I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve!

I leave bright an early with several guys from the Raleigh detecting club.  I'll try to keep you posted, if not via blog posts, then smaller updates on the Facebook page.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's an exclusive hunt if you have to be selected for it. Good luck! I look forward to seeing the cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete