Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas from Detecting Saxapahaw!!

Hey everyone!  I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas from my family to yours.  I spent the yesterday with my wife's family touring some of the museums in Raleigh, and of course I had to make a stop in at the Civil War exhibit at the Museum of History.  It was very well put together, with some really great artifacts on display.  I will say that it was quite a bit smaller than I imagined from the emphasis on the exhibit shown at their website.  It's still definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.  The exhibit is housed within the Museum of History and next door to the Museum of Natural Science, so there is plenty there for your viewing pleasure.  We had a great time learning together and spending time with each other this holiday season. 

I wish you all a happy holidays and Merry Christmas from Detecting Saxapahaw!!

 North Carolina uniform coat, NC Museum of History
Notice the NC sunburst buttons!
6 Pounder cannon used by North Carolina troops, NC Museum of History

No comments:

Post a Comment